Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's Great To Be A Madison Bobcat

I loved High School, is that weird? I'm not saying it was perfect, but I feel like Madison High School class of '95 was about as perfect as a high school experience can be. I had such a great group of friends and I still cherish so many memories. 
Here's my Top 10 List of things I loved about being a Madison Bobcat: 


10. Taking Drivers Ed with two of my best friends and driving past the houses to all the boys we liked. I was a terrible driving (still one of my weaknesses), but we had so much fun and never stopped laughing. 
9. Powder Puff Football- all four years. Our Motto: "Pain is Temporary Pride is Forever." However, I don't think we won as many games as we would have liked. Surely, the other teams must have cheated. 
8. Pushing the car down the road when we would sneak out at night. This only happened a few times and I'm sure our parents knew. We really wouldn't go anywhere.... except the night we drove to Utah! 
7. Spying on boys- all the time. Hiding in cars, houses, under decks, etc.... 
6. Dances: however, I didn't date until I was 16 and I was one of the youngest in my graduating class so I couldn't even go to Homecoming my Jr. year. 
5. Assemblies. The planning and the participating. 
6. Making Posters- I think I missed 25% of my regular classes because I was always in the library making posters to decorate the gym/ school. 
5. Jr. Miss pageant. I didn't win, but had a great time with all 37 other girls. 
4. Sleeping over on the football field the day before the first day of school my senior year. (or was it the day before our last day of school....?) 
3. Seminary. How lucky to grow up in Rexburg and be able to participate in Religious study during the school day. Seminary certainly helped me to learn the gospel and grow my testimony. 
2. Cheerleading. So many of my memories are focused on cheerleading and I am forever grateful for the opportunity I had to cheer for a school that I was so proud to attend. (this a whole other blog post). 
1. The Friends. I literally had 20 best friends and will be eternally grateful for their influence. I am still  in awe of these amazing women I am friends with and their strong influence in my life. I hope for my daughter to have the same examples in her life.  


Mud football at the dry farms- coldest day of my life.  

Mandy and I at powder puff football. 

Helping to sand the bleachers when they were redone. 
Decorating for the Sweetheart Ball (until 2:00 a.m.), after a basketball game. 
Cheering at a football game during an Idaho winter. 
One of the MANY posters in the halls. 
105 foot bonfire- complete with road signs, pallets, posters, and Rob Frisby's old shed. 

Cheer camp in Pocatello 1994. Thunderbird Hotel- worse hotel ever! 
After the last home football game- win over Hillcrest. 
The Friends. That's a lot of denim, and bangs! 
Graduation Day.
One of our assembly routines, Homecoming 1994. 
Lagoon Trip at the end of high school, too bad it rained all day.  
These were the good old days when my toe touches looked like that.

4 comments:

  1. I can only imagine what a riot you were in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some GREAT pictures! I especially like the one of you and all your friends in all their denim and bangs glory... it so reminded me of some pictures I have with friends in highschool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that looks SO FUN! I am glad you had a great high school experience :) :) Love all the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Kym! Thanks for the memories of the good old days!

    ReplyDelete