Saturday, July 6, 2013

Let Freedom Ring

Remember a few months ago when I was sure that I was going to keep up on my blogging? Yeah, that fantasy didn't last very long. BUT, with one of my favorite Holidays this week, I had too much to keep quiet about. I absolutely LOVE Independence Day. It's at the perfect time of year when the days are long, the nights are warm, and friends are always around. Even though it is a Holiday- it always turns out to be one of the busiest days of the year. A few years ago I even managed to squeeze in the Annual local Liberty 5K run- but I was too exhausted with everything else going on to continue that (one time) tradition!

This year I decided (for the first time in 7 years) to NOT have a booth at the Day in the Park festival for Heritage Makers or Clothing Outlet. I actually enjoyed the morning walking around main street, and watching the parade. Avery, Wyatt, and Mitchell all rode in the firetruck with Grandpa Mann and the City Council- and love the attention they get from leading the parade.

The parade was long and the day was hot, but I was so happy to be enjoying the sights of sounds of small town Idaho on the 4th of July. I have said for years that Rexburg is the best place to celebrate- we have a fun parade, the best snowcones in America, lots of people you know, and a family friendly environment (except for the lady sitting near us at the parade who wanted all the adults to sit down and the kids to not run out and get candy)- the day was perfect!

After the parade, we went to Menan (about 15 minutes away) to see what all the rave for "Menan Days" was all about. It lived up to the hype! They had a great festival with some unique vendors, fun games, short parade, and good food. All the kids won the ring toss at least once, Avery had her face painted, Mitchell bought toys (that ended up to be an empty box after we got home and opened it), Wyatt found some friends, and everybody was in a good mood!

The night ended with a party at Russell and Angela Rydalch's house for all the local friends that were in town. The "little" boys (ages 10-14) are OBSESSED with fireworks and have put all their earnings into making sure they have the best show on the block. Of course, because all the neighbors are there it's really the only show on the block. The adults were able to sit around and visit while the boys put on a fantastic show.

I feel like I could say so much more on my feelings about my love for America, my appreciation for those who fight to keep us safe, my concern for our freedoms, my respect for politicians, and the joy that feels my soul when I see my family and friends together enjoying a perfect day..... But, my writing never seems to express my sincere feelings so I will close this post with some of my favorite pictures of our 4th of July 2013!

During the hot parade after we found Mitchell-  he was "lost" for an hour or so! 

Wyatt and Kirk at grandma and grandpas house. 
The "little" kids getting ready for the firework show!
The kids with their "winnings" from the ring toss.

The end of the parade route

Without offending any other parents out there.... my kids really are the best! 
The best friends a girl could hope/pray/ask/ wish for! 

After the firework show..... as my kids get taller- I look like I'm getting shorter~!


3 comments:

  1. Hi, I was wondering if you could transfer your job chart to me in Heritage Makers? What info do you need to transfer it? Thanks, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen- I can transfer the job chart template to you, I just need your HM account number.
    Kymberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kymberly, My HM account is 416065. I love the job chart idea you put together and am excited to implement it with my kids.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete