Sunday, January 2, 2011

How Honest are Blogs?

As I begin this new journey of blogging, the questions keeps coming to my mind of, "How honest should I be in my blog?" Is it one of those avenues of communication when the natural reaction is to say, "I'm doing great, things are going well, etc...". Or do I be very honest with my readers (just my mom for now), and mention the struggles, trials, doubts, and insecurities that I really feel?

As I have pondered this issue, I have decided that in order to get the most out of my blogging experience, I am going to be completely honest. It may make me uncomfortable, embarrassed, and seemingly confused at times- But, I also think that it will have deeper meaning, help me connect with more people, and ultimately discover some truths.

3 comments:

  1. I am excited you are blogging and the name is just awesome! I have taken the brutally honest route on my blog and it has seemed to pay off. More people relate to what you are going through that way! Plus a lot of times it is very funny to read about from another point of view

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I think honesty on blogs is endearing...and therapeutic for the writer. :)
    If you wanna see a brutally honest blog, you should see my one about OCD. http://wwww.momswithocd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops. cancel one of those w's. :)

    ReplyDelete